Through Guy’s Eyes – Five tips for using culture to get the right people on board
It’s a known fact: your organisation’s success depends on having the right people on board. So how can you make sure that your recruitment process is tailored to attract those who will share your delight and determination to drive the company forward?
1. Start by examining your culture. Often, this is what attracts people to your environment.
2. Understand that if your culture is to be effective as a tool for attraction, it has to be visible.
3. Encourage every single one of your employees to contribute to building your culture. Ask them what they like about the company. What they don’t like. People who feel valued and understand their voices are being heard are the best advertisement for new recruits, and can help make sure that those brought on board are like-minded.
4. Help new recruits understand how they will be expected to join in the evolution of company culture.
5. Keep measuring your culture. Is it still in line with your clearly expressed objective, or are you starting to lose sight of what matters most to the company? Is there dissonance between what you say you do and what you actually do? These are the things potential employees notice.